Monday, July 13, 2009

my approach

I love art. All mediums. There's something absolutely transcending about the whole subject. I correlate creating art as communing with God. I love how colors, words, and materials all transmute vibrations and emotions. It's so special to have the ability to convey what you feel to others.

The younger me strived to describe simplicity with complexity. but i've grown since then, and i find beauty in the opposite.

spare me your fancy words. give me your honest thoughts.

One thing i haven't learned how to do is write from a place that is distant to me. I haven't learned to disconnect. I spill my guts, i'm vulnerable, i'm hu(e)man. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I don't know if you can really disconnect the art from the artist. I know that it's a humbling experience when i do create. I don't take any of that for granted.

I don't claim to be anything other than me. no labels, no titles. No expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment